Who's the Best Electricity Provider in Corpus Christi?
Corpus Christi is located in the southeastern part of Texas along the Gulf of Mexico. It’s home to the Texas State Aquarium, several museums and attractions, and one of the most competitive electricity markets in the state. Like more than a quarter of the rest of Texas, Corpus Christi has deregulated electricity, which means that residents of the coastal town can choose their own electricity provider.
However, while deregulation is great in that it gives you the power to choose your electricity provider, it can be a headache as well. There are more than 100 retail electric providers in Texas, and many of them provide services to Corpus Christi. Therefore, choosing the right one for your needs can take a great deal of time unless you know who to choose in advance. GoodCharlie Energy is here to help you make that decision.
- How Does Electricity Work in Corpus Christi?
- What is the Electricity Rates in Corpus Christi?
- Is GoodCharlie Energy Available in Corpus Christi?
- What Types of Electricity Plans are Available in Corpus Christi?
- Is GoodCharlie Energy the Best Electricity Company for Me in Corpus Christi?
- How Does Electricity Work in Corpus Christi?
As we said before, Corpus Christi has deregulated energy. As a result, there are dozens of power companies vying for your business, offering a wide variety of plans, perks, and benefits. While the electricity market in Corpus Christi is unique in many ways, it works similarly to that of the rest of Texas.
You purchase electricity from a retail electric provider, such as GoodCharlie Energy.
- GoodCharlie works with the local utility company in Corpus Christi, which is AEP Texas Central.
- AEP will make sure that electricity makes it to your home by managing the power lines, poles, meters, and cables that carry it.
- You will pay your monthly electricity bill to GoodCharlie Energy, and they will reimburse the utility company and the company from whom they purchased the electricity.
- When you sign up with GoodCharlie Energy, you can choose to get your electricity from a renewable source or from fossil fuels. If you choose a renewable source, it will be from either wind or solar power.
What is the Electricity Rates in Corpus Christi?
The electricity market in Corpus Christi is volatile and ever-changing. That is, of course, unless you sign up for a fixed-rate plan where you lock yourself into a long-term contract. If you sign up for a fixed-rate electricity plan, your rate could be anywhere from 11 cents/kWh to 25 cents/kWh. When you sign up with GoodCharlie Energy, however, your rate will be between 12.8 and 13.7 cents/kWh, which is slightly lower than the Texas average.
Is GoodCharlie Energy Available in Corpus Christi?
GoodCharlie Energy is currently available in many cities and locales throughout Texas, including Corpus Christi. We’ve only been providing power to the area for a short time, but we’re quickly becoming a local favorite.
What Types of Electricity Plans are Available in Corpus Christi?
Because of how big and populous Corpus Christi is, there are many different electricity plans to choose from.
With a prepaid electricity plan, you pay in advance for electricity before you use it. You decide at the beginning of the month how much electricity you intend to use and pay for it in advance. Prepaid plans are ok for short-term stays or if you’re on the fence about what type of plan to choose, but they aren’t a good long-term solution.
Variable-rate plans are kind of like a cross between prepaid and fixed-rate plans. You can switch providers at the end of each month, or you can re-enroll. While you don’t have to pay for electricity before you use it with a variable-rate plan, your rate could change at the start of every new month.
If you’re looking for stability and a reliable, long-term electricity plan, a fixed-rate plan from GoodCharlie Energy is the way to go. With fixed-rate plans, you sign up for a one to three-year contract, and your rate won’t change throughout the course of the contract, barring severe economic changes.
Currently, GoodCharlie Energy offers three of the best fixed-rate plans in Corpus Christi.
Good Energy 12
A one-year plan with a going rate of 13.7 cents/kWh.
Good Energy 24
A two-year plan with a current rate of 13.2 cents/kWh.
Good Energy 36
A three-year plan with an electricity rate of 12.8 cents/kWh.
Each plan is available as a renewable energy plan, and you’ll enjoy all of the benefits that GoodCharlie has to offer, regardless of the plan you choose.
Is GoodCharlie Energy the Best Electricity Company for Me in Corpus Christi?
If you're looking for a new electricity company in Corpus Christi, look no further than GoodCharlie Energy. Here are some of the advantages of enrolling in a plan with us.
- We have competitive rates and comprehensive plans with no hidden fees.
- Each of our plans is available with electricity from a renewable resource such as wind or solar.
- We're the #1 choice for a REP in Texas by pet owners, thanks to our goal of making Texas the best state for a dog to live in.
- Our list of benefits includes 24/7 emergency video vet access, a $750 pet emergency fund, and a monthly donation from us to a local pet shelter.
- Transparent pricing that's easy to read and understand.
- Fixed-rate plans that you can choose based on your electricity usage.
- Outstanding customer service provided by people in Texas and from Texas.
If you've already signed up for an electricity plan and want to switch to us, the process is fairly simple. We’ll even help with the process and ensure that the transition is smooth and doesn’t result in a loss of power. We might be a newer company, but we're quickly becoming one of the best regarding affordable and reliable energy in Texas.
In addition to our affordable fixed-rate electricity plans, we also have the goal of making Texas a no-kill state. Making dog and cat euthanization illegal in Texas would save hundreds of thousands of animals per year. Together, we can make this dream a reality!