Waco Electricity Plans and Companies
Centrally located in the heart of Texas, Waco is a city that’s historically significant and growing in popularity. Reality TV shows, such as Fixer Upper and Fixer Upper: Welcome Home, which is hosted by Waco natives Chip and Joanna Gaines, have given the town a boom in the tourist industry.
In addition to its current popularity and historical significance, Waco is also a deregulated electricity market. As such, there are dozens of electricity companies and plans to choose from, making Waco one of the most competitive energy markets in the state.
Whether you’re new to Waco or are a lifelong resident looking to save money on their utilities, you’ve come to the right place. This article will go into detail about how electricity works in Waco and how to choose the best electricity company.
- How Does Electricity Work in Waco?
- What are the Typical Electricity Rates in Waco?
- Is GoodCharlie Energy Available in Waco?
- What Types of Electricity Plans are Available in Waco?
- Is GoodCharlie Energy the Best Electricity Company for Me in Waco?
How Does Electricity Work in Waco?
While the electricity market in Waco is a complicated one, the actual product works the same as it does anywhere else. Here’s how it goes.
- Power-generating plants create electricity. They do this from either renewable resources, nuclear energy, or fossil fuels. Some of the products they use include solar panels, wind farms, water, coal, oil, and natural gas.
- Power-generating plants sell their electricity to retail electric providers.
- Retail electric providers sell electricity to consumers including the homes and businesses in Waco.
- Local utility companies deliver the electricity to your home by managing the wires, poles, and transformers that carry electricity.
- If you live in Waco, you have the power to choose which electricity company you want to enroll with.
What are the Typical Electricity Rates in Waco?
The electricity rates in Waco are very similar to the rest of Texas. On average, electricity in Waco costs around 12 cents/kWh. Residents in Waco use roughly 1,600 kilowatt-hours of electricity each month, which means the average electricity bill is around $190 per month. However, this number varies from month to month depending on the time of year and many other variables.
While 12 cents is the average in Waco, you can easily spend more or less depending on the electricity plan and company you choose.
Is GoodCharlie Energy Available in Waco?
Depending on where you live in Waco, GoodCharlie Energy is definitely an option for you. GoodCharlie Energy is available in most parts of Waco and the area surrounding the city. However, if you want to be sure that we’re available in your area, here’s what you need to do.
- Go to our website at GoodCharlie.com.
- Click the Join the Pack button at the top of the page.
- Enter your Waco zip code into our database.
- If we’re available in your area, a list of plans will appear so that you can make your selection.
Each of the plans we offer in Waco is also available in 100% green energy form if you’re looking to reduce your carbon footprint. You can also easily inspect each plan and read the fine details because our goal isn’t to hide anything from you.
What Types of Electricity Plans are Available in Waco?
GoodCharlie Energy deals explicitly in fixed-rate electricity plans in all areas of operation including Waco. Fixed-rate electricity plans are where you sign a contract and enroll into an electricity plan for a set amount of time. With us, it’s either one, two, or three years.
The great part about fixed-rate plans is that they offer the lowest possible rates on electricity. They aren’t like variable-rate or prepaid plans where you often pay higher rates because of how the plans are structured. Here are the current fixed-rate plans that GoodCharlie Energy offers in Waco.
Pet Protect 12
Pet Protect 12 is a one-year fixed-rate electricity plan with a current rate of 14.6 cents/kWh. This plan includes all the perks and benefits offered by GoodCharlie Energy including the promise of no hidden fees.
We also answer any questions that you could possibly have regarding your contract including our cancellation policy, what happens when your contract ends, and more.
Pet Protect 24
Pet Protect 24 is very similar to the Pet Protect 12 plan, but with slightly lower rates. Because your time commitment is longer, we reward you with a fixed rate of 13.2 cents/kWh for the duration of your contract. That means you could save hundreds of dollars per year depending on how much electricity you use.
Once again, we include everything you need to know about the terms of your contract from the cancellation policy to who your TDU is.
Pet Protect 36
The third and final plan we offer in Waco is the Pet Protect 36. With this plan, you’re enrolling in a fixed-rate electricity plan at a current rate of 13 cents/kWh for three years. The Pet Protect 36 is our most popular plan and it also affords our lowest rates.
Is GoodCharlie Energy the Best Electricity Company for Me in Waco?
If you're looking for a new electricity company in Waco, look no further than GoodCharlie Energy, and here's why.
- We have competitive rates and comprehensive plans with no hidden fees.
- Each of our plans is available with electricity from a renewable resource such as wind or solar.
- We're the #1 choice for a REP in Texas by pet owners, thanks to our goal of making Texas the best state for a dog to live in.
- Our list of benefits includes 24/7 emergency video vet access, a $750 pet emergency fund, and a monthly donation from us to a local pet shelter.
- Transparent pricing that's easy to read and understand.
- Fixed-rate plans that you can choose based on your electricity usage.
- Outstanding customer service provided by people in Texas and from Texas.
Switching to GoodCharlie Energy is easy if you're in the market for a new electricity plan. We might be a newer company, but we're quickly becoming one of the best regarding affordable and reliable energy in Texas.
In addition to our affordable fixed-rate electricity plans, we also have the goal of making Texas a no-kill state. Making dog and cat euthanization illegal in Texas would save hundreds of thousands of animals per year. Together, we can make this dream a reality!